is making adjustments in response to Covid-19 to keep guests & staff safe
We will be adding rigorous disinfection to our regular cleaning routine. The use of these CDC-approved methods by our staff is going to add a substantial amount of time to their work load, creating a real challenge, particularly on summer changeover days. Therefore we're asking guests to partner with us by making the following changes:
- For the time being, we will not be providing bedding (towels, linens, blankets, or pillows) - only mattress pads. If this is an insurmountable problem for you please let us know.
- We're removing the regular dishes, cups and glassware for now. Please plan on using disposable plates and cups; and please consider paper over plastic, as they can be burned.
We'll continue to provide and disinfect silverware, serving ware, pots and pans and small appliances.
- You'll be asked to select life jackets from an expanded supply and keep them at your cabin for your entire stay. During the summer, please return the life jackets by noon of the day before your departure, so that they can be disinfected for the following week.
Sanitizer will be provided for your use on oars, paddles and boats.
- Please observe whatever social distancing and other requirements are in effect at the time of your stay.
- Please place your next-year's reservation a couple of days before your departure.
- Checkout time for summer will 10AM - strict.
- Please do not come if you have Covid-19, or if you've been in contact with someone who has Covid-19, until you're past the advised waiting period (usually two weeks).
Our refund policy will change to reflect this, and refunds will be granted if you produce a medical diagnosis or a confirmed virus contact from your local health department.
- If you're experiencing symptoms associated with Covid-19 before your arrival, please have yourself tested before coming. These symptoms are:
- Coughing, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, or at least two of the following: Fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell.
- This list is not all inclusive and continues to change. Please consult your medical provider for any other symptoms that are severe or concerning to you.
- If you develop trouble breathing, persistent pain or pressure in the chest, new confusion or inability to arouse, or bluish lips or face get emergency medical attention immediately for these emergency warning signs for COVID-19.
- Please feel free to share your concerns and thoughts with us.